Saturday, April 28, 2007

"BRISBANE BACHELOR FINALLY SETTLES DOWN WITH BUXOM BANK BEAUTY"


"BRISBANE BACHELOR FINALLY SETTLES DOWN WITH BUXOM BANK BEAUTY"

Patricia Kathleen Lane, of New Farm and Blair Graeme McGregor, of Red Hill have announced their engagement. They first met at a party in 1958 but did not start going out until 1962 when they met again at a fundraising event for the Xavier Mt Olivet Younger Set held at the Queensland Cricket Club where Blair was a member. Patricia, a former Queensland Spelling Bee champion, said “well yes, it’s true that it took him 4 years to ask me out so when the marriage proposal took another 4 years I wasn’t that surprised really”. 34 year old Blair, a Sales Executive with 3M, responded “I was pretty confident she’d say yes so just thought – what’s the rush?”

Blair finally proposed on 29 September 1966 which was also his mothers birthday. Patricia’s father Maurice Lane said “I was relieved when Blair asked for her hand in marriage. I think he’s a top bloke, besides that little incident when he scratched my car, but I’ve managed to forgive him for that now”.

They plan an April wedding for next year. Asked if she intended on keeping her bank job after marriage Patricia replied “Oh yes, I’d love to continue on with my role and I don’t see anything that could possibly interfere with that at this stage…”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home