Monday, October 08, 2007

Touching an Elephants Trunk....

One of the highlights of my France filming trip recently was getting up close and personal with some elephants. I love elephants because they are very relaxed, they have no predators, they’ll do anything in exchange for food and they love attention !!I'd never seen them before so got a little overexcited when the head vet let me go behind the scenes... Our wonderful hosts - we were so well taken care of. Our host ordered for me which was sweet but as most of you know I am an incredibly fussy eater !!! I decided that now was probably not the best time for me to tell him about the years I lasted on only grated cheese & grated carrot with the odd bit of parsley picked straight from the garden thrown in for good measure) I smiled politely and let him order for me.

The steak was very bloody and it had foie gras on top ! I felt sick enough eating it without my animal activist camera man whispering in my ear telling me how it’s made (force feeding etc etc) luckily we had some lovely red wine (1992) and champagne to wash it down with….
These Tapers like to be tickled on their tummies, just like a dog !!
The hyena keeper...
And the Gibbon keeper...
A bit of rain isn't enough to stop us getting a good shot !

A lovely rainbow that i saw on my first day of filming...
And finally - my trusty crew - Graham & Rhys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home