Sunday, March 16, 2008

New Years Ski Trip - Courmayeur, Italy

For New Years 07/08 I decided to do something a little bit different, and very unusual for me - I gathered a few mates together and we all went skiing !!! Claire tests her new boots....
Abi assumes the position, as Claire adjusts and Elizabeth puts on her bright red ski hat, just to make sure we can always find her....(if she happens to fall over the mountain after being pushed over by the ski lift, or something like that)I hadn't been skiing since the 1992 Loreto Ski Trip, so let's just say I was a little bit rusty and had to have a few lessons. Problem is, there were only kids classes left so I was stuck with a bunch of 7-10 year olds !!! I didn't mind so much, it made me look better I guess....it was just the giant animals on the kiddy slopes that embarrassed me slightly....oh and because I had stupidly bought a bright red ski jacket, all the parents assumed that I was the teacher so looked a little shocked when they saw how slow I was, but I soon cleared that up... Claire and Abi examine a snowflake...
I only got lost a few times in the heavy snow....
It was incredibly cold and even got to -10 but this was taken on a hot day...There are lots of things to be aware of when you hit the slopes....As part of the package we stayed in a really nice hotel and it was great to hang out with the locals on New Years Eve. We had champagne outside before the meal and I've never seen so much fur in my life !!! They served up this amazing 10 course meal (well, amazing to those who eat normal foods, I could only have about 1 course, but even that one was amazing) and then we danced the night away with our new colleagueas....I can't wait to go again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home