Monday, October 22, 2007

The power of the rosary & a few (tiny) white lies….

Here’s a little email exchange between my mother and I that I thought I’d share with you all. It all started when I sent Mum and Dad a copy of "The Proms" DVD because I know how much they like classical music….and it just sort of took off from there…

Dear Susan

Many thanks for the Proms CD - it's really great and we're enjoying listening to it.

Do you remember giving me a rosary bead decade you bought in the shop at the monastery on the west coast in Ireland - can't remember the name of the place but we went there with Libby, Ian, Duncan and Tash. Anyhow I always carry it in my bag and last Friday we were at Wivenhoe Dam on a Probus outing. Several of the women went to the toilet and one of them was locked in when the engaged lock wouldn't turn. Those of us outside couldn't hold the lock firm with our fingers but then I remembered the rosary beads in my bag and the end of the crucifix did the trick and I freed the locked woman - much to her relief. Goes to show the power of the rosary!!

Love Mum

Dear Mum & Dad,

I don't think I've laughed out loud at an email in a long time - I'm very happy to hear you were able to come to that lady’s rescue, as I’m sure she is….

Oh and I'm glad you liked the Proms CD, but it's actually a DVD (!!!) so you might enjoy it even more if you put it in your DVD player - that way you will be able to see it as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lots of love
Susan
xxx

Dear Susan,

Sorry - I put it in the CD player and it didn't work so I thought it must have been broken but I didn't want you to know that so I lied. Dad looked at it last night and saw that it was a DVD so we did play and watch it last night.

Love Mum

And just when I thought it couldn’t get any funnier – this came a few weeks later….

Dear Susan

Further to the rosary beads story the following appeared in the Probus magazine after a description of the day out to a nursery at Gatton:

"On our way home, we visited Wivenhoe Dam. Just a little drama unfolded there, when a lady (who shall remain nameless) was locked in the toilet. What does one do in these situations? Send an SOS for Trish McGregor, whose handbag contained the right implements to solve the dilemma. Well done Trish - hope Blair has stopped boasting!"

Love Mum

I’m so very proud…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home