Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Television Sux

I had my first viewing with the Exec last Friday. It didn't go so well. In fact, I'd go as far to say that in my 3 years of Directing Documentaries - it was the worst one ever !!! It's been a difficult series to work on - lots of different messages coming from the Series Producer and then he left and a new one came onboard. Now some other bloke has come in to help shape the programme into something that the Exec wants. A very difficult situation to be in. I'm just trying to swallow my pride, learn what I can and take something positive with me out of this whole situation.

I applied for my residency on Monday. It was very very scary. If I get it, it doesn't mean that I will stay here forever, it just means that I will save a hell of a lot of money on work permits !! Also that I can work whereever I want so maybe a move away from Television could be good for me....either way - i should find out soon so fingers, toes, hands, feet and everything crossed....

Claire brought home a christmas tree last night - it's very exciting - we are going to go and buy more decorations and get into the festive spirit...We're having lunch at ours this year, it should be fun. Sad to be away from family but they'll never be far from our thoughts....

I'll post some pictures up when I have them....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home