Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Down the Coast with Daniela

I went to the coast with Daniela a couple of weeks ago for the weekend. She got a really good deal on a last minute type website and we were able to stay in a 5 star hotel at a very reasonable price !!

Firstly I would like to intriduce you to my new travel ducky - Rankin (cousin to yellow ducky G who is currently making her way around Europe with Naomi & Richard). Rankin, named after my grandfather, was given to me by sister Libby before I set off down under. Here he is showing off our view of the ocean...

This is our pool, complete with a swim thru cocktail bar!?! Australians like to drink, even when they are exercising....

My first task was to go to the beach and enjoy that feeling of the hot sand underneath your feet and the cold water rushing over your toes...
Daniela isn't too keen on anything involving water....Daniela and I went to high school together so for old times sake we decided to have a slurpee/snake combination.....there is nothing better on a hot winters day in Australia !!

We stuck to tradition and had a dinner consisting of fish & chips which we ate (of course) on the beach as the sun went down......ohhhhhh Rankin even took off his purple feather boa for the occassion....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home