Monday, August 14, 2006

BRISVEGAS CULTURE

I just came across this bit of writing that I had yet to blog so here goes....

I don't want you poms thinking all we do is sunbathe and update our tans so...when I was down under I also did some very exciting and some very "cultural" things...

* I went to a “Business Chicks” breakfast with my friend Sueanne where David Roberts, the author of Shantaram was speaking. It was a really interesting day and I spent most of it being recognise as my "fathers daughter" which was quite sweet. I bought his book and got to speak to him afterwards... * I went to a premiere of the Musical “Dusty” with my friend Marian who’s cousin is the executive producer of it. I’d hightly recommend it to anyone who will be in Brisbane from August onwards – it was brilliant. I didn’t realise how many Dusty Springfield songs I knew ! Hopefully it will get to the UK soon because I have been promised front row seats !!! And I have a very cool bag which I still carry all over London as promotion !!

* I attended a reading of my friends Katy & Aletha’s new musical which I’m hoping will be in production and ready for me to attend the opening night of in April next year.

* I went to a poerty/open mic night with my friends Kim & Alicia – which was fun...

* I saw Judith Lucy perform at the Powerhouse with my mate Angela – I’ve been a big fan of Judity for the last 15 years since I first saw her perform the Soap Opera poem on the Big Gig.

So there is a lot of cool cultural stuff happening in Vegas, you just have to go out there and find it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home