Tuesday, August 01, 2006

CAMPING in style...

I bought a tent a few weeks ago when I was staying with Lib & Ian. It was so much fun setting it all up in their backyard (with Mum & Dad watching on, pointing out which pegs I still had to bang in & reminscing about camping stories from childhood like when Dad forgot the poles & had to drive all the way home to get them !!) that I decided to go camping again.

Guess where I went ? Ten points to the lucky winner....

Yes indeedy it was STONEHENGE!! (no Duncan, we did not camp in the centre of the stones!). It was my mate Lou's birthday so off we set for a weekend of sunshine, fresh air and camping...that's not quite what we got, but we had a great time anyway...

My friend Abi kindly offered to drive me so off we set - 2 o'clock in the afternoon, map and directions in tow.....a journey that should have taken us about 2 hours took us about 6 !! And about an hour of that time was spent driving up and down country lanes (oddly one of the nearby towns was aptly called "Nowhere"). Abi finally lost it as we literally ended up in a dead end...

We arrived eventually and set about setting up camp....my friends know how to camp in style....

The next day we went to visit Stonehenge itself. We grabbed the walkie talkie things and excitedly tuned in....It was all very lovely & informative until we felt a few drops of rain fall upon us. Not too bothered, we continued our walking tour.....the rain drops got heavier and heavier and heavier.....most people ran away but a few of us, desperate to hear the end of the Stonehenge mystery......remained.

And we got very very very very wet. So wet in fact that you could say we got saturated. **

Off we ran to the nearest pub to dry off. We were quite exhausted by then so settled in for an afternoon of darts, cards, scrabble......oh & a few pints to quench our thirst....It was a lovely weekend overall and I hope Lou had a very lovely birthday !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOU !!

**there are no photos to demonstate this because:

a) i was desperately hiding my camera so it wouldn't get wet also

b) because we weren't looking our best !

3 Comments:

At 2:36 pm, Blogger Angela said...

sue you crack me up! we have a tent...never used it...too scared to take the kids camping...no lockable doors lol!

 
At 10:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're an angel darling :) I had a lovely Birthday thanks, hope you had a good time too. Lou x

 
At 3:01 am, Blogger chakra_9 said...

Ah the memories, it seems like only yesterday that we were at Stone Henge with you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home