Monday, October 30, 2006

Girly Sue

I went for a manicure the other day, don't ask me why, because frankly, I don't know !! I just suddenly had a very strong urge to have one. I got there and then was talked into having a pedicure as well !! I'd come this far - "what the hell" I thought so off she went, trimming, cleaning, buffing, polishing, painting - toes AND fingers.
It was quite a fun hour or so until I realised that I couldn't put my shoes and socks back on until my toes dried !! Well how was I supposed to know? It was my first time...
"How do others get around this?" I asked innocently.

"oh" replied the young beautician "well most of the ladies have cars or others sit around and drink tea for 1/2 hour while they dry". Knowing that I was already pushing it by taking an extended lunch hour and faced with a 15 minute walk up a flight of stairs, under a railway bridge and across a few busy streets - my face must have conveyed my absolute terror.

"We do have some disposbale flip flops you are most welcome to borrow" she added helpfully. I immediately relaxed and after getting her to help me get my money out of my purse (well I didn't want to ruin my new beautiful nails now did I?") I set off , shoes in hand, disposable flip flops on my feet and it was all going well...until it started RAINING !!!

The flip flops were made of foam, which doesn't bode well with the oily streets of London at the best of times, let alone when there were puddles forming. It was a perilious journey - I nearly died twice and I actually almost cried, but I got there in the end - sat down in my edit suite, took this photo and thought "that looks quite nice actually !!".
I'm not sure I'll ever have another, but it was worth it !!

5 Comments:

At 4:51 am, Blogger Angela said...

gosh sue, you crack me up! fancy never having a pedicure!!! LOL!

 
At 4:41 am, Blogger geoffandel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:43 am, Blogger geoffandel said...

hehe What pretty toes Sue. :-)

I am not used to manicures either (and have never had a pedicure). I recently had a manicure (a birthday present) and managed to muck up the polish straight after.

Bare nails are just so much easier!!

El.

PS. Love reading your blog (keep up the good work). :-)

 
At 2:13 pm, Blogger Libby said...

you are such a dag little sis...I've never had a pedicure either!!
Love Lib xo

 
At 8:33 am, Blogger chakra_9 said...

Why didn't you have your flip flops in your bag???? Dah!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home