Tuesday, January 30, 2007

SWIM UPDATE

I had a very funny training session on the weekend - my friend Naomi (in the red cap!!) is a bit of a waterpolo star so she came along to give me some "pointers" on my "technique". Funny how you can swim a certain way for nearly 30 years and then learn a few different things !! The best bit was trying to time myself doing 50 metres - I started off doing it in 1:30 (Naomi does it in 45!!!) but by the next session I could do it in 1:00 so that is good. I don't think I'll be swimming the whole hour at that pace but it is good to beat some personal challenges along the way...I also got my very first leg cramp on the weekend - it was rather painful, but at the same time it made me feel like a proper athlete !!!

The fundraising has been going really well so far, it's very touching the response we've had from all different sorts of people, some who I haven't been in touch with for a while, but still their generosity has been amazing. On Lib & Ian's site - we've just reached the £500 mark and on Rosie and mine's - we're up to £380....and that's not counting all the other cash/cheque/online donations or any of the Australian money !!! So I'm really hoping we'll break the £1000 mark soon....

It's all getting very exciting now, but I'm also getting a little nervous for some reason. It's one thing to do all this training and fundraising but I've only just started to realise in the last couple of days the true significance of what we are doing and how the money we raise can really help families in similiar situations to us.

And at the heart of it of course is the very important fact that this is to honour Kieran's memory...

xx

xxx

2 Comments:

At 2:45 pm, Blogger Libby said...

You've been everything so beautifully Sue I wish I had your talent...love Lib xoxox and good luck to you!!

 
At 2:46 pm, Blogger Libby said...

I mean you've put everything so beautifully....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home