Monday, July 16, 2007

My kind of heaven....

Elizabeth, Claire & I went on a little shopping trip to IKEA because we decided we needed a few "essentials". One of the things I miss most about Australia is having a car and just being able to drive places so often have to rely on good friends like Elizabeth to drive me to special places every now and then.

I think this one speaks for itself...what a bargin I am !!
Elizabeth testing out the desks....
Claire testing the distance possible to travel on a desk chair...
A potential new couch for little Lord Alfie perhaps?
We had to have a short break at the cafe to rest our sore Ikea shopping feet....
Claire's impression of Alfie chasing a cat...
I love how there are arrows EVERYWHERE to remind you which way to go...
I was feeling a little rebellious on this particular visit... The shopping excursion was all going well until Claire and I realised we had accidentally misplaced Elizabeth in the huge collection hall. We managed to remain calm and decided the most sensible (and entertaining) thing to do would be to get the cashier to put a call out for her over the PA system. Claire very carefully told the cashier how to pronounce Elizabeth's surname and then it happened....we found it very amusing....Unfortunately Elizabeth didn't quite share our level of amusement. When she heard the announcement she got all excited and called out "that's me !!!", must to the amusement of her fellow shoppers. I think she got confused and thought she was in a bingo hall...
Anyway - overall if was a worthwhile and very fun shopping trip - there was only one small thing to work out - how the hell are we going to fit two trolleys worth of shopping into Elizabeth's small mini?

Hmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home