Sunday, April 02, 2006

My Room In Close Up

Thought I might share some of the special photos and pictures in my room....

The 3 photos on top of my book shelf....from left to right we have Dunk & Tash's wedding photo; Libby & Ian's wedding photo and then a lovely picture of Mum & Dad looking up at Big Ben when they were in London a few years ago...

The photo on the second shelf is one I took a couple of years ago in Brisbane. Mum was making me clear out all my stuff and out of my rather large collection of fluffy toys, I managed to convince her to allow me to keep three of my favourite teddies !! (yes, I realise I am now 30). Mum only let me keep them on the condition that she could wash them. I thought this would involve a delicate handwash but to my horror Mum simply threw them in the washing machine and then hung them pegged them on the clothes line by their ears !!! Poor little things...

The teddies (from left to right) are Doggie (very original name for a dog, I know) given to me by Popper & Kitty when I was about 6 I think; Bluey (once again, ingenious) given to me by Mum & Dad when I was about 8 and Red Ted (yes yes) which I have had since I was born. I'm not sure if Aunty Margaret Lane gave him to me perhaps? If not, there are certainly pictures of us together with Red Ted when I was a little baby.

This is a piece of art my friend Naomi bought me for my 30th. It's by an artist called Banksy who I absolutely love....in fact Claire bought me the Banksy book for Christmas....

The photo on the left (in very lovely frames given to me by my mate Sal for my 30th) is of me when I was about 4 years old at Pacific Fair down the Gold Coast in Brisvegas. I'm doing a thumbs up and wearing my favourite purple cords....cool....i think my dad took it...

The B&W photo on the right was taken by my late Uncle & Godfather Murray. He was in the Navy and the photo is taken from the deck of a ship as it's about to set sail. It's like something out of the Love Boat with all the streamers and stuff ! It's a bit hard to tell from this distance but the photo features a very young mum, dad, Aunty Margaret, Uncle Brian and my late grandmother.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 pm, Blogger Libby said...

Like your purple Banks photo. Touched by your photo of you at Pacific Fair and farewelling Uncle Murray.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home