Thursday, January 19, 2006

Christmas is Over – OVAH – Over

The time finally came to throw out the Christmas Tree on the weekend. It was the first time I’d had a real tree and as much as I loved having it around - the rule says 12 days of Christmas, not 16, so I felt it was necessary to throw it out so that the bad luck would cease.

Instead of carrying it down the stairs and scattering twigs throughout the house – I decided it would be easier just to chuck it out the window. A good plan, in principal – except that it got a little stuck !


It wasn’t a good weekend overall for my ingenius plans – I also thought that it would make a lot of sense to help my mate Daniela move house with the help of my skateboard (pictured below). In Australia – you’d get a mate who had a ute and the job would be over and done with – in England – you throw your life’s possessions into bin liners and drag them down the street !

My skateboard idea didn’t quite work – I soon discovered that out when I attempted to skate to the bus stop. I texted Daniela a very confident message as I was leaving “On my way – am bringing skateboard”. I texted her again 5 minutes later – “fell off skateboard, ouch. Now carrying skateboard”. It least it caused her some amusement !

Here is a nice photo of Daniela & I relaxing (after the move - she's the one with the green uggies !!!)…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home